Japanese Language Classes
Japanese language classes are available for international students based on their local language proficiency (basic, pre-intermediate and intermediate). Students take 90-minute classes, 15 times per semester. These classes are designed to focus on developing basic communication skills to survive in the local community, to intermediate Japanese where they can blend in with local people without feeling lost.
Basic Japanese Ⅰ･Ⅱ･Ⅲ･Ⅳ
The classes are designed to give Japanese beginners basic knowledge of Japanese language, which is equivalent to Level 3 (N3) of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), so they can have basic communication with local people necessary for daily life in Japan.
- 1.To acquire Japanese language proficiency equivalent to N3 of JLPT
- 2.To catch a basic amount of information during conversations with Japanese people
- 3.To make yourself understood in Japanese at the minimum level necessary for daily life
Japanese Ⅰ･Ⅱ (Pre-Intermediate)
These classes provide students with the opportunity to take part in various activities to improve their listening comprehension and spoken communication skills using current topics in Japan.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- 1.Listen to topics in Japanese that are currently discussed in Japan
- 2.Write essays in Japanese distinguishing precisely between your thought and others’
- 3.State their opinion on the basis of others’ discussion
Japanese Ⅲ･Ⅳ (Intermediate)
Intermediate Japanese allows students to achieve proficiency level 2 (N2) on JLPT. Students are encouraged to rise to the level 1 (N1) where they can comprehend plain essays and commentaries in Japanese.
Specific objectives are as follows;
- 1.To increase language knowledge of Japanese so students can understand and communicate with Japanese native speakers.
- 2.To improve listening skills to understand Japanese with the language knowledge they acquired.
- 3.To acquire Japanese comprehension that enables students to understand long essays of about six hundred characters in Japanese